Friday, July 11, 2008

Jesus I cannot make this stuff up

Chock up another one that I cannot believe I have to deal with.

One of my receptionists (I have two that sit there full time and one that "covers" when one of the others has to leave the desk, this was the 'cover' one) came to me and said that there was a bad "fishy" smell at the front desk. Here was the conversation:

Floating Receptionist: "It is really bad."

Russ: "Well, is Michelle (main receptionist) eating fish?"

FR: "No. You don't understand. Its not that kind of smell."

R: "Wait, I'm confused, you said "fish", right?

FRR: "Yes, but no, not that kind."

R: "You have me confused here..."

FRR: .......

R: [lightbulb moment] "Oh God, are you saying what I think you are saying?"

FRR: "Yes, and [other receptionist] agrees too..."

So, yes, that's right, I have to spend part of my Friday afternoon, cruising the reception area, looking nonchalant, smelling for pussy.

Clearly this is in the "Other Duties As Assigned" section of my job description.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home