Monday, September 28, 2009

Telecommuting

So, this telecommuting thing. I love it, I really do. But I have found I really have to turn down the ADD settings in my brain, if I do not sit in the office and focus, then I am like... oh, have a load of laundry to do, dogs need to go out, must go to gym, look at this website, check this out, is that a car outside? etc etc. It is tough to maintain focus with the windows open, for instance, I have learned. Too many noises/goings on to be concerned with...

So, I consciously make an effort to be even MORE plugged in on my telecommuting Mondays. I do not want anyone at the office to ever think I am not available to them except physically.

The other negative is you cannot get immediate satisfaction. If someone decides to ignore an email, and then doesn't answer the phone when you call (with a 301 number versus 202), then you just have to wait. You can have them paged, but then you would be considered a nuisance. :-)

That's what I have learned in my short time telecommuting. So far. We'll see how it goes as we near year end and the audit which starts Nov 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home