Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Taken from my office

So, the protesters were dancing all over Conn and K. Then, things got heated as a wedge of police officers (bike police in blue on left, motorcycle officers in lovely orange in middle, and recruits least protected, of course, in black on the right) moved towards the demonstrators.

Some police with a bullhorn (in charge, clearly) started talking with some protesters with bullhorns who apparently were in charge.

All of my coworkers were crowded into the offices watching it go down. The same thing happened at Winston and Strawn, that building beyond the group.

Then, I don't know what happened, but all the police turned around and walked away, seen to the left.

They got about a block away before the bike cops realized they had left their bikes back on the corner within mere feet of the protestors (you can see them in photo one).





Very funny.

Now all the protesters have headed up Connecticut Avenue, I assume to Dupont Circle. I have a photo of that too which I'll put in here too.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home