Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Good, the bad, and lord do I feel ugly

Had over Jeff and Claire (Jeff is an old friend of Ken's from the Squad; we honestly have not had them over for dinner since they got married three years ago) over last night, long evening, I think they left at around 12:30. I had a martini early and then a glass of wine with dinner. Ken was beat and went to bed; I had a lot to clean, and was quite wide awake, so I decided to make another martini. I wish they would do a scientific study to determine when exactly it is that the "stupid factor" starts with alcohol. Eventually, I decided to go to bed (no water, no advil, no brain, apparently) and Ken was snoring up a storm so I slept downstairs. That is, until apparently around 5:30 when I (still asleep, mind you, I hope that doesn't cause a problem someday) went upstairs, and Ken said, "late night?" as a joke and I apparently said, "logistical circumstance, loser." I have no idea what that would mean, besides being just obviously nasty. When I woke up at about 11 (!), with my head pounding, he told me this and I profusely apologized. But who knows what my subconscious was trying to say.

191.5lb this morning. Oh well, I had a good workout yesterday and my arms are killing me today, I *must* be at least redistributing my weight if nothing else.

I *really* want to stay in tonight, but can't. My old friend Robb (aka Berta) is visiting from Orlando, where he moved about 5 years ago. He apparently went through rehab at one point for crystal (scourge of the planet, evil, evil, evil) and doesn't do anything except possibly smoke now. He said he had some type of epiphany too and had his hair past his shoulders, so lord only knows how this is going to be. I think I will have him meet me at Halo, which he may hate because it is smoke-free, but honestly I can't stand how my clothes smell riding the metro home from a night at JR's. Yuck.

More possibly later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home