Sunday, March 26, 2006

You can ride that horse again...

So there is a theme with the latest posts. Alcohol. lol Went with Robb to dinner at Ceiba last night, and the waiter, while being totally cute (probably about 24 or 25), was also ANIHILATEDLY drunk. It was definitely a first for me, even counting college. So, we were speculating that he might be stoned , but then he conveniently announced that he was "totally wasted". This is soon after he told us his name was "Max. And I like long walks on the beach." I think he was having fun playing with the table of attractive `mos (if I do say so myself), but the MANAGER wasn't having any of it. We tried in vain to get his job saved, but in the end, Max was pounding the pavement. I mean, he was running into chairs.... staggering a bit. Max, a shout out to you. You were fun, sorry about your job. :)

After dinner, we went to Halo. It was nice, crowded, but nice. Stayed out too late, and Robb forced me to have martini number 3. Ugh. Then, he was going to drive me home. It wasn't until we were in the car that I realized how drunk he was. Specifically, when we were in Chevy Chase, MD, where the lanes get real narrow. I mean, Robb, aka Berta, has NEVER been a good driver in any meaning of the term. However, this was different. So, I'm thinking, well, its about three miles to my house. I can't drive, I could walk, hmmm... thankfully we made it home safely, where he tells me to make him another manhattan (Ken was on duty, so was waiting up, very sweet.)... this was his fourth manhattan. Thank GOD I poured wine for me, if I had another martini at that point, today would have been very very bad. :) SO, we finally stopped talking and went to sleep (he was slurring at this point) at about 3:30 I think. I woke up at 11 with a little headache... Robb emerged from the guest room at I think noonish or 12:30, threw up violently in the bathroom and then went back to bed. Got up at about 1 or so and took advil, then slept for about another hour and then got up and left. Poor thing looked awful.

One highlight of last night was this totally hot guy tried to pick me up. I flashed the ring and told him that I was very complimented that such a fine man would be interested... it was nice, that doesn't happen to me all that often. I had a tight Ben Sherman shirt on, so I think that is what may have helped. He commented on it. He was quite fine, looked like he had some perhaps Iranian in him...

So, all in all, a Betty Ford weekend. ;-) Going to dinner at Pete and Duane's tonight, hopefully they will be teatoteling (how the heck do you spell that?!?). I think we are supposed to watch D.H. if it is on. Just checked, new episode, YAY! This is my last Sunday before I have to return to chorus practice on Sunday evenings, so I should enjoy it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home