Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Felonious Schmuck

I work on the second floor of an office building right at Farragut North. For some reason, the corner to which I walk to get on the metro has been adopted as the "cause corner". Half the time there are the Falun Gongers (hey, that would be a GREAT name for a band... "Dude, the Falun Gongers are playing the 9:30 club, aces!") there, and the other 50% of the time has the LaRouche people.

These are a real special class of people. Their apparent tactic to get you to vote for them is to annoy the HELL out of you. They ride around the block (as happened this afternoon) with a HUGE speaker on top of a car, blaring (really blaring, enough to interrupt a phone conversation) what sounded like pre-WWII Nazi propoganda music/speeches. Then, behind that minivan was another minivan (how soccer mommy of them) with a giant paper mache bust of FDR with the cigarette holder in his mouth and everything. If you have the unfortunate luck of actually running into one of these people at the metro, they will try and foist a publication in your hand while screaming "Dick Cheney is SATAN!!!!"... Now, don't get me wrong, Dick Cheney IS Satan, but, that being said, I don't need some pimply faced little kid wearing "grunge" clothing and driving his mom's Caravan telling me that I need to support a FELON who is CRAZY running for president for like the 10th time.

So, annoy me once, shame on you, annoy me twice, prepare to be bitchslapped. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home