Monday, April 17, 2006

Uglyland

A couple of items from today's walk...

I like to take a long walk around the city during my lunch hour sometimes. Of course, this burns off valuable calories that could be spent building muscle, but... whatever. Since I have done this regularly for a couple years, a route has kind of come up (it generally allows me maximum walking OUT of the sun in the afternoons of summer), and I tend to follow it. There is one ugly office building on my route; actually there are quite a few, but this one sticks out. Not because it is ugly (it is, standard issue brick I believe), but because everyone entering/exiting the building ITSELF looks like they were beaten about the head by the ugly stick. We're talking WAY not pretty. The address is 1120 Vermont Ave, NW, and it definitely is government, I think. Possibly a military tie too because the uniformed people on the block are higher than normal. Let's google her and see what I get...

OMG of course!!! It's the Deparment of Homeland Security! You know, I really should have guessed this. Newsflash: Ugly people are protecting our borders!

Sometimes for fun I play straight guy and move my 'wedding' ring to my left hand. Can I tell you how much straight men cruise each other!??!? It is amazing to me, but they are all checking each other up and down. If I got cruised as much by gay men in a gay bar, my life could be a never ending series of man on man action.

Lastly, I am amazed at the amount of otherwise stylish men in this city who haven't gotten the pleats memo. Hello, you are dating yourself to 1995 if you wear them. Of course, with a suit there is often no other option. So, the rule is, if you are wearing a tie, you can wear pleats. Otherwise, honey, try flat front. Of course, wear underwear too. Last thing we need to see is the outline of Mr. Happy through your pants. Unless you're really hot, then I'm down with that. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home