Monday, April 17, 2006

Update much?

I so suck at blogging, perhaps because I find my personal life so amazingly boring that I cannot imagine anyone else wanting to know what is going on in it. :)

So, over here they are talking about how the White House screwed the gays; I thought they wouldn't be able to find a way, but apparently they did. That being said, not sure how much credence to lend the article, since I recall when the military families were allowed to go first... I frankly am surprised that in this PC culture, they still allow it to go on, you know, the whole separation of church/state thing. But I suppose this is a tradition from 1878 or something, and its FOR THE KIDS. I am surprised they don't do something for our jewish friends, like a matzo ball roll or something. Oh God, that's a pretty good visual, actually. Its a shame that our southern baptist friends couldn't get a nice day for today. Its quite nasty and rainy and cold out today.

I had a great weekend out in the back/front yard, actually. We have entered that nice two week period in DC where you can be outside and not freezing or hot as hell and being eaten alive by mosquitos. So, when I wasn't working in the back yard getting it into shape, I was sitting out on the front steps with the dogs watching the world go by. SO lovely.

Went to the gym Friday, but skipped Saturday (needed to do abs/legs), and yesterday it was closed... I totally rationalized Saturday because I said to myself "well, you sweated like a fool cutting the grass, and will do the abs class after work Monday..." I need to recognize when I do that and just go anyway. For the MOST part I am pretty good about that, but...

Had dinner with Motorcycle Mike and his partner Pete (way too many Pete's in my life, we're up to three now) Friday. Good guys, but not sure how Pete felt about us; didn't want to have an after dinner drink with us. Went to Halo where we were going to wait for Squad Peter to meet us with Beth, they were having dinner just around the corner. But Ken and I were getting so much attitude from the rude drunks in Halo that we called Peter and told them we were headed home. Good call, actually, because they stayed out much later, and we would have been totally smushy by that point.

Saturday we stayed in and grilled, and Sunday we had dinner with Duane and Pete (owners of the gym I go to), and neighbor Nancy joined us. It was REALLY a good meal, gourmet all the way, which was funny because I told Nancy that they weren't real big cooks. SO proven wrong there.

Ugh, I am in such an awful RUT at work. I really do not want to be here, and am so not challenged by anything that I have to do. I need to do something to make my job more enjoyable or I am really going to go crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home