Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekly rants

I am so boring, I figured not even the blog needs updating... :-) Today is one of the rare most perfect days in DC. For my lunch hour I just walked all over the city, which was nice. I wore a short sleeve purple button down and khakis today, what was I *thinking*? Jessica Simpson wouldn't get hit on in this get up. Resolved: burn outfit when you get home.

Let's see, since it has been nearly a week since I posted.... highlights or lowlights of the week... last Tuesday's PF rehearsal was absolutely abysmal. If we sound anything LIKE that for our concert this coming weekend and weekend after, it will be ... well, I pity the audience. Hopefully it was just due to the fact hardly anyone was there, there were seriously like 3 people gone who had last minute issues. That's dedication for you...

Took Thursday off as the first of my campaign to not lose any leave this year. I have to take something like 23 days before the end of the year. That's well over a month. I had lunch up in Baltimore with my old friend Carey. He is so adorable. I need to stop the habit of my youth, surrounding myself with pretty, because as the contrast gets more and more as I age... ;-)

Wound up taking Friday off when I called in to say I was running late (my boss was not in) and my employee said, "oh I thought you were off today too..." Well, okay, I will be. lol Wound up getting about 394 loads of laundry done (AND FOLDED, Praise Jesus). Of course, they still are sitting in nicely folded piles all over the basement, but at least I got a start. Friday night, met former girlfiend (long ago, obviously) Sherry and her husband Karl, and good friends Chris and Mary (all high school church friends). Sherry and Karl are expecting their first IV kid at 40, and she was just glowing, it was lovely. Got a phone call later from a friend that will go nameless saying he had a guy 'lined up' for me at the bar in Wheaton, but since everyone involved in the situation was totally wasted, I didn't think much of it. At least it was before 11pm... lol

Saturday we met my old friends (that unfortunately we hardly ever see any more) Chip and Brent downtown; we were supposed to go to the National's game. Chip works for a white shoe firm in DC and they occasionally get primo tix right behind the plate. Naturally, there were TORENTIAL rains, so the game got rained out. But we had a FANTASTIC meal at Banana Cafe (seriously, one of the top ten ever, especially since the whole meal with drinks included for 4 was only $90) and then 'nightcap' while we played pool at Remingtons. Such a fun night, all in all. They have invited us up to their cabin on the lake in Maine for the Memorial Day weekend, and we are going to try and figure out a way to get up there.

Yesterday was a "double rehearsal" for the chorus which always sucks. I knew I wasn't going to make it to both before I walked in the door. I wound up doing the 2-5pm (in beautiful weather, inside... :( ), but went home after and missed the 6:30-9:30. This concert might not suck too bad, we'll see.

As I mentioned earlier, today has been just gorgeous and I have really got to enjoy the weather a bit. I have abs class at 5pm, but will probably leave immediately afterward to get home. I need to cut the grass desperately, its like a foot tall in the back yard. The weather on the weekends has been less than cooperative.

As an FYI, Ken sold his motorcycle to some cute kid. He is trying to buy another but having problems getting a test drive setup. These dealers are something else. And I thought car dealers were bad. Motorcycle dealers are like that, but throw in some redneck... Lawsy be.

And, since Mister Michael says he reads this, Ken and I were commenting on how we NEVER see you all. Must I always inititate our interactions, dear? :-) I know you're at a funeral today, so I'll go easy, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home