Monday, May 01, 2006

I need a weekend to recover from my weekend

This was a total PF weekend. We were hosting the Heartland Men's Chorus' "Heartaches" for a joint show on Saturday. They were pretty good, I heard one or two of their songs. Funnier than we are, but PF totally loses their sense of humor on stage, its one gigantic freak out. As for the show Saturday, it went well except for me TOTALLY FORGETTING all the words to a solo of mine, causing me to have to stop the show entirely and start the number over. It was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me on stage and the scariest. I think part of the problem is when you usually are on stage, you have a spot light blocking out the audience, you might as well be singing to the lightbulb in your bathroom, but at the Corcoran theater, where the concert was held (and will be again next weekend when we welcome SF's two small ensembles), the "house" lights are up, AND, you basically are standing practically in the audience. Very scary.

So, Friday night we met the group at their B&B and then went to get drinks at Halo. Four martinis later (ugh) we headed to dinner, with one group going to Thaitanic and one headed to Dakota Cowgirl on 14th. Comfort food, which was the only smart decision I made that night. Got totally liquored up and made out with a HMC guy on the roof deck of Charlie's apartment after dinner. While I didn't win the biggest slut of the weekend award (which could be won by any number of other PFer's who actually *slept* with their new friends), it was a bit humiliating when I was being reminded of my exact behavior the next day... kinda like, "I showed everyone my thong? SHIT!" ... ridiculous. The fact that I was wearing a thong, not withstanding... hey, it makes my ass look better in jeans, shut up. :)

Saturday, we had rehearsal and then that awful concert (all in all the performance was a good one, we just tend to have NO DYNAMICS on stage) and then all headed to Helix where the "afterparty" was being held. I had a great time, although kept having to steer clear of my 'friend' from the night before, who I believe was looking for a reenactment. Had much fun (and was called hot by one of the cutest guys at the show that night, which made my day), but held off on getting totally liquored up. Left there for Halo with the HMC guy, where I stayed until 2, stopping drinking at 1am. My friend Peter showed up in tux from the White House Correspondent's Dinner, looking all cute. It was a godsend, because since Peter was originally Ken's friend, I said, "oh God, Ken's BEST friend is coming here now!" (He had texted me.) This made HMC guy stop pawing me, which was nice. Peter started chatting up a 22 year old, and I was SOOOO tired, I had to leave. He opted to stay, and I had to take HMC guy to JR's. Thankfully Peter called right after I left, asking for a ride home after all, so I had to go right back, and HMC guy did not have the time to try and mawl me any longer.

Sunday, we had a concert at a retirement home in Silver Spring. It was a great gig, they seemed very appreciative and it was a sold out crowd of 300. Had the boys back to my house after, but honestly was glad when the last one left at about 6pm. I was so tired I actually forgot to watch Desperate Housewives, but it should have been tivoed.

Today, my allergies are killing me, I took a Chlor-Trimeton to absolutely zero effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home