Tuesday, April 25, 2006

And another thing...

Actually, two things. One, here is the scene as this morning I am held up by about 10 minutes getting into work (I drive on Tuesdays) by a police car parked in the right lane of Connecticut Avenue (there is no parking there during rush hour) at the Wardman Park. I look to see a group (about 5-6) of cops up on the curb, laughing and talking. Nothing happening. I call the police non -emergency number and bitch. The dispatcher takes my information, tells me that I have the right to tell them to move (thanks, hon, I already had, they ignored me), and then, about 3 minutes into the call (I am nearly to Florida Ave at this point) says, "are they still there?". Well, I'm sure they probably are, dear, I've moved on.

That would be good enough, but then I had a message on my phone a HALF HOUR later saying that if they were still there to give her a call back. Hello, dear, clue phone, PLEASE pick up!!!

Hmmm, now that I have gotten here I've forgotten what item two is; see, at my old age, I really should write these things down. Oh, wait, now I know. My dad drove himself to the ER yesterday afternoon where they promptly checked him into the ICU. Apparently he was in "heart failure" and his leg was swollen dramatically. Okay, Dad has been in heart failure for nearly ten years... but that being said, my brother was going to go and find out what was up (Dad is in the VA in Richmond) today. Can I GET my brother/mother to return a phone call?!? No can do. This really really is SO my family. We totally took the fun out of dysfunctional...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home