Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New lesbian train chica

I would be quite remiss if I, as a DC resident, did not mention the new announcer voice lady on the metro system. It is totally noticably different than the old lady. This one says "STEP BACK!!! Doors Closing!" in a manner that really makes you think she would have no problem cutting you in a dark alley if she came across you. The most annoying thing is that before the doors open or close, after the annoucement is this doo coo doo coo tri tone that I cannot attempt to describe, it is simply annoying. Of course, people probably thought the old door tone with the doorbell type sound was annoying when it debuted 25 years ago or whatever.

I have yet to be on a train where the doors have not been able to close because someone blocks them. The old woman said, slightly more authoritatively than the 'doors closing' announcement, "PLEASE stand clear of the doors". I am imagining this new one will say, "STEP AWAY FROM THE DOORS, BEEYATCHES, OR I WILL PERSONALLY COME BACK THERE AND CUT YOU THE F UP!!!!"

Update: I was on a train last night with a fat guy who stopped the doors from closing and all she said was the usual "STEP BACK!!!! Doors closing!", so unless it takes two or more times of blocking the door... darn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home