Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I have officially lost my mind

So, I am SO used by the marketing industry, but... I went to GNC and was talking to the consultant there. I like this particular GNC because the girl and guy that work there days are really straightforward, she has a particular issue with a bunch of protein bars. ("Look at the saturated fat; you might as well be eating a candy bar!" Which is true in so many cases.)

I ask the guy about what I should do, since I now have accepted the fact that I am what is known in the industry as a "hard gainer", someone that progressively gets stronger lifting, but gaining mass is an issue. He was explaining about this new shake which is out there that purports to dramatically increase growth. My favorite quote on the side of the box, "You will grow, whether you like it or not!"

The guy was quite straightforward and said, "this crap is expensive, but they swear it works, and the fitness mags aren't slamming it yet, so that is an indication it may in fact have some power to it; the way creatine did 5 years ago" (and still does).

It does indicate that you can get dehydrated on the stuff, so I will have to (continue to) make sure I am getting enough water.

Of course, I bought it. $89 for a one month supply. We'll see. I'll try it for two months and then see if it has made a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home