Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?

I dunno, I have that stupid (no, really) song stuck in my head, it must have been on the radio this morning or something. I wonder what the Pussy Cat Dolls do it the video. They should totally have a drag queen sing it, THAT would be fun! :)

I have a phone interview for a VP/CFO job on Friday that came from out of the blue. Not putting too much stock in it, since these things are what they are. I happen to know a girl who works there who gave my name (and the name of a peer of mine who is identical in experience to me, albeit about 8 years younger... I had set the two of them up on a date once). I don't want to leave where I am (pension vests next year, I only make it to 75% this year), but you know, money talks. If they could pay me what I would need to make, that is... anyway, we'll see.

I totally am hating the chorus right now because I feel it is occupying so much of my time. Tonight is a bass sectional (to make up for all the rehearsals I am missing because I don't want to be there), tomorrow night I am stuffing gift bags for the 30 SF boys who are coming this weekend, Friday I have to meet and greet said 30 and Saturday is the concert and 'afterparty' at the Beacon Hotel bar. I haven't decided yet, but I may run to Costco and get a couple of party trays for that event. At least we had some fruit out at the Helix for the KC boys. We'll see.

Ken and I met with a unique builder who builds "shells" of homes. Basically, everything would be roofed, sided, plumbed, and framed, and the drywall, hardwoods, HVAC, electrical, and actual bathroom 'appliances' could be done later. They could be done in piecemeal, and we could do much of it ourselves. The amount to do this is like $70K. Sounds pretty much like a great idea to me. This way, Ken can afford to pay what he can, and I get the second story I want. I know it is a LOT of work, but we can do it. Or pay someone once in a while to do it. :) The cool thing about this guy is we will give him the EXACT measurements of all our existing walls, he knows what walls we want ripped out downstairs too, so he will come back with a computerized rendering of what the new house would look like, floor plans, and CAD/CAM 'views' of rooms inside the house. How faboo is that. OH! Best part, he'll do THAT part for free!

Off to the sectional. Potentially more later, still have DCWYGWHLM? stuck in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home