Monday, May 15, 2006

Guerrilla marketing

You know, I like to give to good causes as much as the next guy, probably moreso. What is annoying me of late is how many of what I am calling "Guerilla" style fundraisers are out on the street. Today, I was bugged by Save the Children, something called Children International, Mercy Corps, US PIRG, Environmental Action, and of course some random made up charity that sends droves of African American boys onto the streets each day... they actually get really angry when you say no thanks, sometimes. Add that to the guys hawking Streetsense (which I totally support, I just gave them $100, brilliant concept that I hope works) and you're dealing with like a dozen in an hour lunch walk.

Update: Okay, so apparently, I didn't coin the term. See here. And, "interactive urinal communicators"?!?!?! WTF? Been a long time since I have had any interactive urinal communication, but the outcome then certainly was pleasant. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home