Saturday, May 13, 2006

Random Ramblings (ie basic bitching)

Went out last night to Owen's birthday at Halo. It was fun, albeit the fight to get a drink at the bar was a gigantic pain in the ass. I waited 15 minutes for my first drink (and, having a first drink at 10:45pm was unusual...). Ran into Will and Thom and Tom and Steve having dinner at Merkado first; it was nice but a bit awkward as Will explained they were celebrating his birthday (mine is this week). After much "oh, its your birthday? I had no idea!" fumbling, I called Ken, chastised him for not telling me and he and Will talked a bit. Went to Halo, had a nice talk with Jack and Mike, who I haven't seen except in passing since my 40th party (when Jack avoided everyone and started playing piano). He has actually grown up a lot; we had a lot in common to talk about. Also got to socialize a bit with Bobby T, and its been a long time since we have had a nice chat.

Peter (squad Peter) actually convinced Joe and Tom Ryan to come out after their dinner at Les Halles, so I had a GREAT time talking with them for the remainder of the evening. Although Joe and I are convinced that we hate each other (and we do not), we had fun. Tom is SUUUUUUCH a SWEEEEEET guy... He is straight, but of course after drink number three last night I said something like, "well, you ever want to come to the dark side, you know who the first person to call should be, honey". Lord, what an incorrigible flirt I can be, especially when she gets liquored up... Some asshole knocked over my drink (breaking the glass) when I was in the bathroom, and then preceded to pretend nothing happened and did NOT offer to buy me a replacement. He was SO lucky I wasn't there to observe this because there would have been a takedown right in the middle of the bar if I had seen it. As it was, I kept making the comment "RUDE" and "ASSHOLE" loud enough so he could here. He was a mere slip of a thing, I could have taken him on. So, Joe knew I was drinking a martini and went and got me a replacement with Sapphire gin. Naturally, being a southerner, I stomached my way through it, but I swear I don't know how folks drink that stuff, its like pine sol. (That being said, this gin he got was really really smooth.)

Tonight, we are meeting Peter again for dinner after Halo drinks. I'm sure to be exhausted tomorrow. Nancy is returning from Boston tomorrow night and said she will bring lobsters, yay!

Bought a new finch feeder (jumbo sized) and annuals and herbs today. Forgot to get stupid potting soil, so it looks like another trip to Homo Depot is in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home