Friday, May 19, 2006

Gar, shiver me timbers!

Left that comment over at PSP and now it is totally stuck in my head. lol

GAR!!! Anyway, I totally was way busy the last three days, so thats why I had nothing to say. What? ;-)

Wednesday did set a new world record of 25 (!!!) pleated khaki pant sightings. I may just post that stat first each day. Yesterday only had about 8, because I was running everywhere and had no time to notice... more on that later. And today, only two, on the metro journey this morning (also more later). Come on, people, I think I may have to start a Foundation to rid the world of pleated khakis. Remember, as Kenneth Cole once said, "There will be NO pleats in heaven!".

So, lets see, Wednesday was beautiful (thus all the "business casual" goin' on in this city and fat white male lawyers donning their polos and pleated khakis (ghastly, just GHASTLY :-) ). I got out and had a long walk at lunch. The dogs have taken to ripping things up lately, so I have had to deal with (non-furniture, mostly paper items) being ripped up nealy daily when I get home, no fun, totally took the steam out of me getting to the gym.

Yesterday was my birthday and I was totally not into it, I really figured I was going to have another just boring day. But then my staff insisted on taking me for coffee, and the ever so lovely (shut it google infinity, girl!) Michael made sure I didn't have just any old normal lunch (I suggested PotBelly) and took me to Daily Grill, which is normal but nice normal. Where the waiter I think started being a little friendly, if you know what I mean, once figuring out who we were. He had a hot body and I have sweaters older than he is, so, score one for our team! Not so much the face. No offense, hot Daily Grill waiter, should you come across this in your searches for "waiter daily grill" in blog land. :) Add to the lovely lunch the 10 phone calls, 20 emails and other things that I received yesterday (thanks to both Michael AND Ken for flowers, both beautiful, but I must put in a plug for Caruso's, they do wonderful work; Ken and I both use them). Also, had a great interview here: they are such a wonderful organization, you can smell the family feel of it and total dedication to their causes of all staff the second you walk in the door). I swear I would love working there and molding their accounting and finance and HR and you know, all THAT shit, but I think they just cannot afford me, unfortunately. I think what my peer (and fellow interviewee and also unaffordable) Mike and I may do is offer ourselves as peers or mentors to whomever they wind up hiring, and suggesting they go for some real go getter type who would be a junior type director who could grow with the organization and that position... maybe pay them 70 or so. I think, since I believe in what they are doing, that it would be a good situ for all involved. Anyway... (one of my peeves is people who say "anyway" in conversation, and I do it ALL the time writing... I am truly a hypocrite. Anyway, Ken unfortunately had to work until really late last night, so I had drinks with Michael and Scott and Michael's partner (also named Michael, I will use last names to keep the story straight). Scott, who we call RTW (for [his last name], the WHORE), who happens to be quite partnered, TYVM, in a NON open relationship, was totally forward about wanting to sleep with Bigley, Hill's (best friend) partner. It was very nearly embarrassing. Of course, I really cannot judge, as given a bunch of drinks, *I* *TOO* have been a giant HO. But it was at the point of near uncomfortability last night. I *think* in the end, Bigley was happy and Hill was like, "back off bitch or I'll cut ya".

So, Ken gets homo late and we just went up to Savannah's, a local restaurant in Kensington that has deli/local restaurant kind of food, and had burgers, which were yummy. Unfortunately, we got into a fight about something *really* stupid, but whatever... most fights are. The evening ended with us in separate beds and me seething.

Then, 3am this morning, Ken wakes up with a tremendous migraine. Drama ensued until 6:30 when finally we can go back to bed. Slept till 9 and then got up and went to Ken's office after him (long story, donated printing for chorus), two trains broke down on the tracks in front of the train I was on, so it took forever (thanks metro! we LOVE the red line!), then when I got back on to go to Dupont, I somehow got turned around (ran unknowing for the closing doors, train without looking, stupid) and got on the wrong way-bound train. I have lived here nearly all my life, metro has been around in some form since I was like 8, I cannot believe I did this. On the line I commute on daily too. Dumbass. So, naturally, as is my luck today, they are single tracking between Brookland and Ft. F-ing Totten. It takes 10 minutes more to go that one stop (maybe more actually) and then I get off to get on a Grosvenor bound train. Thankfully, that only took about 2 minutes. Then practically threw the invites to GMCW staff and got back on the train to Gallery Place to meet friends lunching me for my birthday at Indebleu. HIGHLY recommend the place, although bring your wallet if you want to have a normal size meal, and especially if you want to have a drink, $10 champers and $12 minimum glass of wine. Oh, I forgot to mention, general rule of thumb; do not give a dollar and ask a homeless person where a restaurant that charges $9 for three pinkie tip sized bites of chicken tandoori is... he will NOT know, and, in my case, actually point the WRONG direction, adding yet MORE time to your trip. Running down the street to meet the gang... I was totally a sweaty mess when I got there, but they were sweet about it. :)

Tonight, we are SUPPOSED to 'make up' for last night (and I have already informed Ken we ARE having sex) and go someplace nice for dinner, either in Bethesda or downtown. Duane and Pete may join us, which always means a drunken night of debauchery. One night I totally scared the hell out of one of their friends by, with Ken's permission, trying to get the guy to come home with us.. he was SO cute, but I think so intimidated as well (by my boldness, not by my looks, child please).

We'll see, I haven't checked the weather but really have to cut the grass and finish planting annuals this weekend. Hope it will be nice. Will and Thom's anniversary tomorrow, and potentially Depeche Mode on Sunday...

Update: 9:30pm, no sign of Ken. He has to work until 10, perhaps. To be fair, its that time of year, is every year. They get all these jobs, which make up for a bleak August. :-) Although he logged off of AIM moments ago, so perhaps he is finally on his way home. No birthday dinner tonight, either. Nancy gave me lovely presents earlier tonight, though. Instead, I made a meal that is sitting on the stove now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home