Tuesday, May 16, 2006

SSS dilemma

I wonder when it is okay to wear the ole seer sucker suit... traditional wisdom says memorial day, but I think it may get warm enough next week to break her out... we'll see.

Wellness class went, well, WELL today. :) I found out that there are all these restaurants nearby that provide nutrional information online, and also that the sandwich I usually get at Cosi has nearly 1500 (!!!!!) calories and 50 grams of fat. Lord.

Pleated khaki pant (PKP) count: 10. Awful Tommy Hilfiger blue pleated pants found at Costco: 2. I also saw a suit made of of what I can only believe was burlap. Seriously.

Not having rehearsals on Tuesdays this time of year means that I can defer my Monday workout to Tuesday, which I totally did last night. I am so lazy, particularly if I get home and put my feet up for one second, then I'm DONE. Made quite the tasty baked chicken in a "10-minute marinade". Finished it off on the grill, it was yummy.

My friend Mike tells me that he started talking to a construction worker outside his office just now and that they are meeting for a drink (at the "legion", he is such a redneck). Do people seriously do this sort of thing any more? Well, I guess if alcohol is involved, that would be a yes.

My birthday is Thursday. I am totally not into it. Going to a nice lunch Friday which will be lovely, but Ken has already informed me due to a press being down this week he will have to work late, so I am not expecting much. Key to relationship happiness: low expectations. Of course, I am totally kidding. As I once said to his consternation at a party, "remember the verb in settle down IS "settle"!

I learned today that people who 'fidget' have a higher metabolism than those who do not. That explains why I am always vibrating all day. This is your random fact du jour.

Mike (straight peer who maybe would bend a bit if the liquor mix was right) is taking me to lunch tomorrow. I have no idea where, but it probably will be Potbelly. ;-) He is a good guy, and is also going in to meet with that company that I have the interview with, immediately before I do. He also is stuck with golden handcuffs on in an unchallenging job. Should be interesting, that is Thursday at 4:30.

Update: PKP count now 16. Borders was a veritable treasure trove of them. Got cruised by a hot straight guy as I walked in, though, which was nice. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home